VMware Workspace ONE Community
dspeight
Contributor
Contributor

WS1 Access User Portal: "An error occured. Please retry."

Hello

At the moment I have an interesting issue regarding our WS1 Access User Portal. Every now and then when Users log into the User Portal they get a blank inventory without content or branding. At the bottom it just says "An error occured. Please Retry" ( Roughly translated from the German Error we're getting. ) Although when we simply refresh the page the content loads in as excpected. Virtual Desktops via Horizon, Weblinks, etc.

WS1 Access User Portal - Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten.png

Since the error message is quite generic I've been having trouble finding anything regarding this problem. Also cant seem to find the appropriate logs.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?

At the moment its a simple on-prem deployment with the appliance running in version 20.01.0.0 Build 15509389. We have an IDM Legacy Connector in version 19.03.0.0 Build 13322315 ( Compatability to Horizon) which connects to the internal Directory and Horizon Collection using Cloud-Auth, Kerberos and RADIUS ( Externally ).

Regards

David

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
kennyvz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi David, we're experiencing the exact same problem, did you get any further? Cheers, Ken.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What reverse proxy or load balancer do you use? This error sounds more related to what is in front of Access rather than Access it self. What can you see in the logs in your reverse proxy/LB?

0 Kudos
kennyvz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks pbjork, we use the NSX Load Balancer but I managed to discount that by going direct and the same problem continued. It looks like it was the “Company Logo” image within Branding that was causing the problem. It was either the image itself, which was smaller than the required 200x80 pixels, or it just had a problem with the image object and pushing a new one to the server flushed out the issue. Either way we've logged in a number of times since updating it and no more errors, so hopefully it’s gone for good. Hope this helps someone else out. Cheers, Ken.

0 Kudos
kennyvz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sadly it was not good. The problem persists Smiley Sad Anybody had this and managed to fix it permanently? Cheers, Ken.

0 Kudos