VMware Workspace ONE Community
oivinde
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Pool Sync : Failed to verify View Connection Server

Hi,

I'm installing Horizon Workspace in my demo environment, but have problems with the View integration.

When trying to Sync via configurator-va, I get: "Failed to verify View Connection Server". The connector.log does not report more useful info than this either.

Trying the same config via connector-va, I get:"Unable to authenticate to View Service: Need to join the domain.null (68)"

On my View Connection server and Security Gateway, I'm using self signed certificates from local AD-server. Workspace uses the default self signed for now.

What I've done/checked:

- Timesync is ok. Maximum drift in time is 2-3 seconds. (AD, View, Workspace)

- DNS-records are verified, with reverse lookup (split DNS for View Security Gateway and Workspace Gateway)

- Have joined same domain as View Connection server (have checked computers in AD)

- Directory sync works, and groups/users in that AD are assigned to pool in View

- SAML is configured and reports it self as green and ok in View (config against FQDN for gateway-va)

- UPN is set to required in Workspace

Additional info: The users and groups are in one AD, the View server (and vCenter) are in another (with trust). (edudemo.local + vmwaredemo.local)

This is really the only difference I can see from other treads I've found on the forums...

Sample info of what I do type into the configurator:

Connection Server: hcm-01.vmwaredemo.local

Username: Administrator account on root level in View (have testet both default admin, and read only created user)

Passord : Jepp!

FQDN for Client Access: view.testdomain.no (resolvable from the "inside" to local IP by split DNS)

I've done a clean deployment of the vApp a couple of times now, as well as following the doc "VMware Horizon Workspace Reviewer's Guide". Everything else seem to "behave" as expected with regards to the doc, expect the View Pool intergration/sync.

So, can this issue be a result of my AD structure, or is it SSL and certificate related?

Thanks in advance for any clues to get this working! At this time I'm stuck! .-)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The split between user domain and computer domains could be the cause.

Would you be interested in doing a webex with us, so we can take look? If so, please send me a private message with the times that will work for you. We are in US-pacific time zone.

0 Kudos
oivinde
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks!

I've sent a private message.

0 Kudos
JimmyParity
Contributor
Contributor

Which step you are...?

Pic1 or Pic 2?

Pic1 Configure at configurator

syn ad.jpg

Pic2 Configure at gateway-va to syn with AD

syn ad 2.jpg

0 Kudos
oivinde
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@Jimmy

None of these. Both completes successfully, and are working. The issue is with enabling sync with View Pools, aka the second stage of pic2.

Seems like Workspace does not handle split AD (desktops in one AD, users in another).

0 Kudos