VMware Workspace ONE Community
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Very high CPU constantly on one of the IDM appliances

After upgrading to 2.8.0 I'm experiencing high CPU on the first node of our cluster of 3 Identity Manager Appliances. The process horizon is eating up all the CPU (between 170 and 190% constant). Rebooting the appliance did not solve the issue. When I stop the horizon-workspace service, the CPU is normal. Only the first appliance is having this issue.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com
11 Replies
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware support responded that there are more users experiencing this problem and that it is under investigation.

0 Kudos
ArmitageID
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there. Any updated on this. I've upgraded out vIDM from 2.7.2 to 2.8 and am experiencing the same issues with high CPU usage. I have a resource looking into it, but happy to hear any updates you may have.

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware is working on a fix. Should be available somewhere in January. I reverted back to the snapshot from before the upgrade, it was not workable.

0 Kudos
sandervv
Contributor
Contributor

We also upgraded to 2.8 from 2.7 and are experiencing the same behaviour. We are looking forward to the fix this month.

0 Kudos
mvanvli2
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing this activity as well. I have reached out to support and am awaiting a reply. I also check to see if there were any new versions of the appliance available for download or an update and I did not see it posted as yet or I missed it if it is out there.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you have issues with high CPU usage in VMware Identity Manager 2.8 you should reach out to VMware Support and ask for a hot fix to solve your issue..

0 Kudos
mvanvli2
Contributor
Contributor

So you are saying there is an available hotfix that is available from support, or that I should ask for a hotfix to be created to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Support should have access to a hot fix to solve this issue..

sandervv
Contributor
Contributor

From what I understand from support is that the fix will be in the next release 2.8.1 mid February

mvanvli2
Contributor
Contributor

If support has a hot fix to resolve this issue now and that will also be wrapped up in the 2.8.1 release coming up in a few weeks that will be nice.

Is there anything specific I should state to support if i get the 'glazed eyes' when i mention it to them? Is there a reference number, KB article number or some other identifier I can direct them to. I also assume this hotfix would include instructions on how to apply it?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Nothing special. just explain your issue..

0 Kudos