VMware Workspace ONE Community
samhaynes
Contributor
Contributor

Verification error when trying to update company devices to iOS 11.4

When a user is trying to update their device to iOS 11.4, the first part of the download works fine, but when they attempt to install the software the following error messages are received and the software download fails;
1. iOS 11.4 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the internet.
It fails regardless if you are on 4G, any wifi, tethering, we've also tried to plug it into iTunes but it failed.
Has anyone else had this error and how did they work around it?
Sam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
droberson78
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same now. Did you ever find a solution by chance?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Donnie, how many devices are affected? And did you try using iTunes to do a restore to the latest iOS version?
0 Kudos
droberson78
Contributor
Contributor

Only (2) currently, but I have about 600 that are managed and hope won't experience the same issue.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Ok. What's your general procedure when it comes to iOS update? Do you enforce delay update on supervised devices?
0 Kudos
droberson78
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, for 90 days. Could that be part of the issue?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

No, you should still be able to update it to at least iOS 12.2 if the hardware supports it.
0 Kudos
droberson78
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have others in that bunch  that have been updated so it's weird. No other thoughts?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Did you try using iTunes to do a restore to the latest iOS version?
0 Kudos
droberson78
Contributor
Contributor

No, unfortunately the two devices are deployed and being used in the field so the users would need to bring them in for me to do that. I would think AirWatch/WorkSpace One would trump Itunes, but I find myself using the Macbook/Configurator more and more lately to fix issues...
0 Kudos
samhaynes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Donnie,

I'm guessing that this is up to iOS 12.2?

We found no resolution, but found that the next iOS update strangely worked..

Very strange error!
0 Kudos