VMware Workspace ONE Community
ChenhuiLi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Workspace gateway-va URL login Error

I have successfully installed VMware Workspace suites and finished configuration.

Done everything till this step:

workspace connector configuration step 4.png

and I tried to use https://gateway-va.cloudseclab.com/hc/login/ ( gateway-va.cloudseclab.com is FQDN of the gateway of my Workspace) ,login and enable View Mode in the next day (that is, last friday).

and it's ok to login.

Then I met some troubles while enabling the View Mode, for an error "connection server invalidation failed", which I either don't know why. (P.S. I have checked every mentioned problem that may cause this error and still failed to fix it.) So, I left it to be fixed Monday.

Strangely, today, I get this when trying to login as admin.

Error

Application Manager encountered an error.
Please contact customer service and provide the information displayed below.

Assertion validation failed.

Error Code
Server

Timestamp
May 27, 2013

7:21:18 PM

Does anyone can help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please check if your ESX server is set to timsync with a NTP server? This is important so all the VAs are synced on time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Looks and smells like a time sync issue. If you access your configurator admin page. How does time sync look like?

0 Kudos
ChenhuiLi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I login the connector-va page, and see this alert:

Other Error:Failed to complete sync due to a problem with the service:Request failed: Connection refused.

and I login the configurator admin page,and see this:

Connector

NameIP AddressMAC AddressStatusActions
connector-va192.168.5.11000:50:56:a2:07:66Exit Maintenance ModeEnter Maintenance Mode
Hostname:    connector-va.cloudseclab.com 

In Maintenance Mode

Mode:  Uses Gateway as IDP 
Software Version:    1.0.0.0 Build 1020050 
VM Time:  5/28/13 5:12:17 PM HKT

Relative Drift:  119 sec(s) off Configurator                                       

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please check if your ESX server is set to timsync with a NTP server? This is important so all the VAs are synced on time.

0 Kudos
ChenhuiLi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it worked before, and I changed nothing. why dose it come to this problem? and plz teach me how to check timesync of ESX server? thx~

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Unfortunately, time drift can happen in VMs if they are not synched with a NTP server.  You don't have to change anything.. it just drifts based on how the VA maintains the time.

Please go to vSphere client, click on your ESX server, Click on Configuration tab, You should see a setting called Time Configuration.

sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you have multiple ESX servers, you will need to do this for all of them.

Then, reboot the horizon workspace vApp.

ChenhuiLi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much. While I found there is a strange problem that I configures the two ESX hosts to a same NTP server, but they shows different time as follows:

NTP 1.png

NTP 2.png

I totally have no idea why this situation occurs...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
ChenhuiLi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found that the NTP server doesn't really work. I'll try to deploy a NTP server, and see if the problem solved. thanks for kind help.~^_^~

Here is an extra question if the AD server's timesync matters? does AD need to be configured to the same NTP server? thx~

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, domain controller time also matters, particularly when connector is joined to the domain.