VMware Workspace ONE Community
jahuu
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Tunnel App, per-App VPN - using Outlook 2019 or native Mail Client on Macos Catalina (10.15)

Hej!
We have the Usecase, that we need to use the native Mail-App or Outlook 2019 on macOS Catalina in conjunction with the VMware Tunnel.
We have working the per App Tunnel with the Microsoft RDP Client on Mac - runs perfect.
Does anybody have the Tunnel working with native Mac-Apps? And is it possible to use a kind of ' Split' -Mailclient - if I use my private Account ' icloud.com'  i does not the tunnel, if I use my working Mailaccount I have to go through the Tunnel (analaog the Domains using Safari and the Tunnel)??
Thanks a lot for an answer or some Ideas (not just ' RTFM'  ;-))...
Best regards and a nice Weekend
Olaf
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
UiliamFoschiera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Olaf,

Sorry but I'm beginner with MacOS management with WS1, and I have no info about your question. But I'm interested in how you set MSRDP Client on Mac using VMware Tunnel (because I'm trying here, with both Chrome and MSRDP Client, and I had no success). Can you show how you did this settings?

Best regards

Uiliam Mello

0 Kudos
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

jahuu​,

You should be able to set device traffic rules (under Groups & Settings > Configurations > Tunnel) where you can specify the macOS Application, Action and Destination.  In your use-case, you should be able to set 2 separate rules:

• Mailclient —> Tunnel —> corp.email.com
  • Mailclient —> Bypass —> personal.email.com

You can also leverage the default rule and simply set it to Bypass in order to force everything that isn’t specifically tunneled to bypass the Tunnel and go straight to the Internet.

0 Kudos