VMware Workspace ONE Community
oliii
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Identity Manager 2.4 connect to SQL Database failed

Hi all,

When I try to connect to a SQL Database through the setup wizard, i get the follow error:

chown: changing ownership of `/usr/local/horizon/conf/flags': Operation not permitted chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/local/horizon/conf/flags': Operation not permitted ERROR: Failed to verify connection: Login failed for user 'saas'. ClientConnectionId:089f3db9-b5b3-4097-a8fc-64f6b5ec97c4

To create the Database i used the script from the Documentation, but unfortunately it did not work for me. So i rewritten the script as follow:

CREATE DATABASE saas

COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS;

ALTER DATABASE saas SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON;

GO

CREATE LOGIN horizon WITH PASSWORD = 'password';

USE saas;

CREATE USER horizon FOR LOGIN horizon with default_schema = saas;

I'm still unable to connect to the Database. I use a SQL 2014 Standard Server.

Hope someone can help me...

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The log says: Login failed for user 'saas'.

The user name are normally horizon. Can you verify you specified horizon as the user?

Can you also add a screenshot of the database setup web page of VMware Identity Manager..

0 Kudos
oliii
Contributor
Contributor

I changed now the user from saas to horizon, now i get a diffrent error:

snap.PNG

When i change the permission from the new created horizon user to sysadmin i get the follow error:

snap1.PNG

Then i manually created the schama saas and the connection was successful:

snap2.PNG

But after clicking next i got the follow error:

snap3.PNG

Any idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What procedure did you use to prepare SQL database?

Here's one I know works..

1. Login into SQL Server Management Studio and click "New Query" on the tool bar, then cut-n-paste the following sql commands into the right side window:

USE master;
IF EXISTS(select * from sys.databases where name=N'saas')
BEGIN
alter database saas set single_user with rollback immediate;
DROP DATABASE saas;
END
GO

CREATE DATABASE saas
COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS;
ALTER DATABASE saas SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON;
GO

IF NOT EXISTS
(SELECT name
FROM master.sys.server_principals
WHERE name = N'horizon')
BEGIN
CREATE LOGIN horizon WITH PASSWORD = N'H0rizon!';
END
GO

USE saas;
IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.database_principals WHERE name = N'horizon')
DROP USER [horizon]
GO

CREATE USER horizon FOR LOGIN horizon
WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA = saas;
GO

CREATE SCHEMA saas AUTHORIZATION horizon
GRANT ALL ON DATABASE::saas TO horizon;
GO

2. click "!Execute" on the tool bar, the DB server is now ready to be connected to Workspace db, The JDBC URL to be used: jdbc:sqlserver://<DB_VM_IP_ADDR>;DatabaseName=saas. Username is horizon and PW: H0rizon!

0 Kudos
walkerjg
Contributor
Contributor

Pbjork,

I know this is an old thread, but i am currently getting the same error as mentioned in the original post.

Your SQL Script worked for me.  It helped me to bypass the original error posted in this thread.  I was able to test the SQL connection successfully after using your SQL script.

However, after I click on "Continue", I get an error that says "???null???".  Any idea what this error means?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

make sure you access the appliance using FQDN and not only host name or IP address.  Other than that I don't know. Sometimes hitting continue twice makes it pass.

0 Kudos
DDunaway
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

walkerjg

did you ever get that figured out? I am getting the same "???NULL???" error message. using the latest, 2.8 version of Identity Manager.

Thanks!

-Dave

0 Kudos
KarthikeyanK
Contributor
Contributor

VIDM 3.3 we are receiving " Database connection test failed error ???? Failed to verify credentials .. ???"

1. VIDM Setup page

2. Get Started

3. Set Password

4. Select Database  " External Database "  we got error " Database connection test failed error ???? Failed to verify credentials .. ??? "

any one can help me on this issue

0 Kudos