VMware Workspace ONE Community
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware Horizon Workspace does not work on Android Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Hello All,

We have setup Horizon Workspace version 1.0.0.0 Build 1020056.

Everything works great from windows endpoints. From windows we can use the windows client and the web client.

When testing with the iPad 4, Horizon workspace was NOT working with the default version of IOS . On my iPad 4 version 6.0.1 was pre-installed.

When I updated my iPad 4 to the latest IOS version 6.1.3, Horizon Workspace started to work !

We also tested Horizon Workspace on an iPad 1 , but on that Horizon Workspace was not working at all.

On what type of iPad should Horizon Workspace work.. what are the real requirements , what version of iPad with what IOS release !!!

When testing Horizon Workspace on Android Devices, nothing is working !!

We tried the Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 with Android version 4.1.2) and there was no way to get Horizon workspace working !

We also tried it on a Android Tablet, but from there also no joy ..still the same error as on the Samsung Galaxy S3 "A networking Error occurred".

Does anyone know if it is possible at all to get these Android devices connected to Horizon Workspace !! And if it is possible, where is it going wrong on our side?

The only clue we have is the error/warning :  A networking Error occurred

Android-SGS3.jpg

I can not imagine that there is something wrong on the server side because Windows clients and iPad 4 clients are working great !

The only TCP port we opened on the firewall for Horizon Workspace to make it accessible over the internet is port 443.

Who can help us out..

Cheers,

Dennis

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mfirenze
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Dennis,

Which product versions are you running on iOS and Android?  You can find those in the setting tab.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mfirenze,

I don't see a settings tab on my android phone.. possibly because I can't connect to the horizon server at all..

In the application manager it says the following : Workspace Version 1.0.0-1014635

For the Ipad 1, I have to ask my colleague. will be continued..

Cheers,

Dennis

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mfirenze,

My colleague was able to install an update of VMware Horizon Worspace on his iPad 1.

Now this is working..

Another Colleague of my had some success with an android tabblet device of Asus (Asus Transformer Pad TF700T with Android version 4.2.1).

On this device he was able to install and configure VMware Horizon Workspace..

Still no luck with the Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone !! VMware Horizon Workspace does not work !!

Did someone managed to get a Android smartphone working with VMware Horizon Workspace ??? Are there more ways to troubleshoot ?

Cheers,

Dennis

0 Kudos
mfirenze
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Dennis, we have reproduced what you are seeing and are investigating the issue.  We are seeing timeouts from your server, which may well be why you are seeing various clients unable to connect successfully.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Dennis, we are still investigating this problem. I can reproduce it on my own android phone. I have filed https://jira-mvp.eng.vmware.com/browse/HW-20238 to track the issue.

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Dennis,

We will also need logs from gateway-va, connector-va and service-va when you tried to login. Can you please send them? You can do it by private message.

gateway-va: /opt/vmware/nginx/logs/

service-va: /opt/vmware/horizon/horizoninstance/logs/horizon.log

connector-va:/opt/vmware/c2/c2instance/logs/connector.log

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Dennis, we still have not been able to reproduce this problem on our internal servers. Today I tried to connect my phone to your server again, but it is down. I'll try again tomorrow.

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sravuri,

Just to give an update on this for the rest of the community readers..

The logfiles have already been send in a seperate e-mail.

Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi DaveComfort,

The environment is up and running again.

Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos