VMware Workspace ONE Community
jueliang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMWare Web App - New Version 21.02 Fatal Error

Dear Community,

We run a fleet of kiosk iPads, with no user affinity and no Intelligent Hub app installed. 

The iPad only runs one app the kiosk mode, that is the Web - Workspace ONE app, to display a website.

Recently it has updated to latest version 21.02 and stopped working.

Upon launching the app, it gives the error "The device is presently checked in. Please go to Workspace One Hub application and check out". 

Now first of all, these kiosk iPads have no Hub app installed. Secondly, even I install the Hub app, it is useless because Hub app requires user to sign in. This error looks like a bug to me and completely makes no sense. 

This error is consistent across multiple iOS version, as long as the Web app is at 21.02

VMWare please fix this ASAP. If anyone knows anything I am missing here, or a workaround, please help.

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jueliang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Guys,

The latest Web app version 21.03 has fixed the issue for our setup.

I found it out myself, there was no communication back from my open case from VMware.

What a great custom service.

Good luck everyone.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Arnfinn_Auestad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have the same problem here after update to version 21.02

jueliang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is such a lame error, now we can't provision any new kiosk iPad with the Web app. 

We have tried to log a case with VMWare, still hasn't heard anything back yet. Maybe it's time to move to Intune.

How about you @Arnfinn_Auestad , have you escalated to VMware? Do you have any workaround for this problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jueliang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is it possible to roll out to the older version of the app?

0 Kudos
1Whitty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue we are having across all our devices where we have this app deployed.

0 Kudos
Shadministrator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue for a fleet of 50+ iPads when opening the Workspace One Content App after updating to v21.03. iOS 14.4.1.  Used for Pilot manuals. 

0 Kudos
mctchapman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue. 600 devices...

0 Kudos
Shadministrator
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@jueliang@jueliang Has VMware been able to fix this for your environment yet after you opened the case with them? I created a ticket with them almost three weeks ago with no resolution as of yet. Apparently they have to make a backend database change/update?

I'm just wondering if we're all waiting on a single mass-change or if there is a manual fix that must be performed for each environment. They're kind of keeping us in the dark as far as progress/estimated time to correction.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jueliang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Guys,

The latest Web app version 21.03 has fixed the issue for our setup.

I found it out myself, there was no communication back from my open case from VMware.

What a great custom service.

Good luck everyone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ryan_Park1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still having this issue after updating to 21.03. Anyone found any other fixes?

0 Kudos