VMware Workspace ONE Community
DanielDS85
Contributor
Contributor

Using persistent manager and reset enterprise on Zebra devices to migrate MDM

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to automate migration of 5000 TC52 remotly from SOTI to WorkspaceOne.
The only way I've found is to use the Persist MAnager on Zebra to store the enrollment batch xml, and send an enterprise reset from SOTI.
This method seems to work, but half the time, the hub shows me the following error: "failed to prepare environment for afw account registration. retry?" with choices: wipe or retry, and unable to exit the hub.
retry doesn't work and wipe do an enterprise reset that loop to the same problem.

The equipment is then in a blocked state, where on the one hand I can no longer take control remotely, and on the other hand the only way to get out of this state is to do a factory reset via USB in recovery mode, which means sending the equipment back to our hardware support.

My method may not be clean, or am I too ambitious, and the only clean method is to do a factory reset followed by the stagenow enrollment scan?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LostWyvern
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? I am about to be going through a similar migration of TC52s to Workspace one and was thinking that a Factory reset and re-enrollment with stage now would be necessary. 

0 Kudos
DarenSamson
Contributor
Contributor

What you are trying to do is a good approach.  One thing to check is to verify if the device is reliably coming back up on wifi.  I am using persistent jobs to move Workspace One enrolled device from one staging user to another and I have to register a wifi profile and the persistent enrollment information.  Once that's done, triggering an enterprise reset starts the process and the device re-enrolls with the new staging user very reliably.  We are using Zebra TC52 on Android 10.

0 Kudos