VMware Workspace ONE Community
kmullins131
Contributor
Contributor

Using Apple Music on a Supervised Business iOS Device

Does anyone know if you can use Apple Music on an iOS device that is supervised by an organization? I have been looking around and it is not looking like this is possible, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone had any experience with this. Supervised devices do not allow the use of Apple IDs, and it seems Apple Music requires an Apple ID to sign in. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
trobertson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Supervised devices do not require an Apple ID, but you can still use one.

All my iPhones have been supervised and I continue to use a number of apps and services linked to my Apple ID.  No worries, all the standard functionality remains even if the device is supervised...unless someone blacklist the apps.

0 Kudos
trobertson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To supervise or not, here is a comparison:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/iOS_Platform/GUID-iOSFunctionalityMatri...

Additional info:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2011/UEM_Managing_Devices/GUID-AWT-ENROLLMENT-SU...

I will say from experience, it is a bit more work from an administrative standpoint to enable device supervision, however to me its worth in when you need to enable or clear an activation lock from a terminated employee.

0 Kudos
sandrabacks
Contributor
Contributor

Using Apple Music on a supervised business iOS device can be a bit tricky. Typically, supervised devices limit the use of personal Apple IDs, which is essential for Apple Music access. While it might be challenging to get Apple Music up and running on such devices, you could explore alternatives like Spotify. If you're torn between the two, I recommend checking out a detailed comparison between Spotify and Apple Music to find the best fit for your needs. Download or visit this link for an in-depth analysis: https://www.spotifyguru.com/spotify-vs-apple-music/. Good luck! 🎶

0 Kudos
jerrryyy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, using Apple Music on a supervised business iOS device is possible, but there are some considerations to keep in mind.

Supervised devices in an organizational setting often have restrictions on the use of personal Apple IDs. However, Apple provides a solution for organizations through the use of Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager.

With Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager, organizations can use Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) to distribute apps, including Apple Music, to supervised devices. This allows organizations to manage and control app distribution without relying on individual Apple IDs.

Here are the general steps to achieve this:

1. Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager: Ensure that your organization is enrolled in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager. This will provide you with the tools to manage apps and devices.

2. Volume Purchase Program (VPP): Utilize the Volume Purchase Program within Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager to purchase and distribute Apple Music subscriptions or app licenses to your supervised devices.

3. Mobile Device Management (MDM): Set up and configure a Mobile Device Management solution to supervise and manage the devices within your organization. MDM solutions allow for centralized control over device settings and configurations.

4. App Deployment: Use your MDM solution to deploy Apple Music to the supervised devices. This ensures that users can access Apple Music without the need for personal Apple IDs.

It's important to note that the specific steps may vary depending on your organization's setup and the MDM solution you are using. Additionally, users may need to sign in with their organization's credentials or use a specific account provided by the organization to access Apple Music.
Read: Spotify vs Apple Music at spotiwire.com

Always refer to the latest documentation from Apple and your MDM provider for the most accurate and up-to-date information on deploying and managing apps on supervised iOS devices in a business or educational environment.

0 Kudos
topsfollow
Contributor
Contributor

Enhance your music experience with SpotiSound – the perfect blend of Spotify's extensive library and immersive audio quality.

0 Kudos
spotidown
Contributor
Contributor

Spotify Premium APK represents a modified iteration of the official Spotify Android App. This variant provides an opportunity to access the entire spectrum of premium features without any associated costs.

0 Kudos
trobertson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hope you received the answers you were looking for.  It appears that this thread has been taken over by bots or members posing as bots.  Such a shame on this platform.  Good luck.

0 Kudos