VMware Workspace ONE Community
NickEales
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Users UPN

We have all our users in Workspace ONE synced to our Active Directory over LDAP. Now our AD admins want to change the UPNs prefix and suffix.

How do I update all the UPNs in Workspace ONE?

4 Replies
Ari_P
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question... following

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can sync/update all user attribute from the directory integration page, and I think it is within the user tab.

Ari_P
Contributor
Contributor

You're right!  I found the setting here:  all settings > system > enterprise integration > directory services > user > advanced, at the bottom I ran "sync attributes".  Checked a user account whom I had altered the UPN in AD, and the change went through to the account in Workspace ONE.  According to the tooltip, it sounds like this should happen automatically when the change takes place in LDAP - not sure why this needs to be manual but at least there's a way to do it.

"User attributes are synced each time the user is modified in LDAP. Click here to manually sync the attributes mapped above to the user records in AirWatch. A log of the sync will be recorded on the Batch Status page."

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@Ari_P As you mentioned, the user attributes should be synced thru the scheduler and by default it should be very 12 hours.

0 Kudos