VMware Workspace ONE Community
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Use Outlook App for O365 Email

There has to be someone out there that is currently using Outlook for their O365 deployment. If so I have a few questions.....

1. How did you allow the application without having to turn off managed devices under email compliance policies? Support is telling me that I would need to do this and that is a NO GO because it is a global setting that I cannot pick and choose which MEM to apply it to.

2. Are you using PowerShell integration and if so, did you have to turn it off?

3. Are there steps that I am not thinking of that I need to be aware of?

HELP! PLEASE & THANK YOU!!

Beth

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

+1 on this. We are also looking at deploying the Outlook client for iOS and I have similar questions ...
0 Kudos
NickPatelNickPa
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get a response back or figure this out? I've opened a ticket with Microsoft to see if they can do anything from their side as well.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

You really can't manage the outlook app through any WS1 procedures other than using inTune alongside it. The outlook app does not report any device information and does not use activesync in the same way traditional apps do. It uses the REST service. Airwatch cannot match up the EAS ID to a phone like other connections because Outlook isn't returning any information that would allow this. MAM through inTune is the only way to go for now for Outlook. The alternative is to ditch PS integration and use a SEG with O365 and manage connections vs apps. Not great either.
NickPatelNickPa
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Luke! I'm in the DC area as well 🙂

Will the SEG let MAM managed devices through? Our setup has the ActiveSync running through a Load Balancer which hits the SEGv2 before Exchange. iOS 13 is a complete disaster with the mail app, so I'm hoping to push the Outlook app to our company without having to architect everything. We're using Exchange 2016 on-premise

Edit: After further thought I guess it wouldn't work but was hoping since there was some integration on the console

0 Kudos