VMware Workspace ONE Community
MikeSimms
Contributor
Contributor

Upgraded to 9.4.0.5 and it expired all the API passwords

Hi All
Last night I upgraded our private cloud to 9.4.0.5.  The upgrade was one of the easiest I had done for ages.  All seemed to be working fine, however this morning we noted that all the API admin account passwords had been expired and needed resetting

' errorCode' :1035,' message' :' User 'XXXXXXXXXXXX' password is expired or password should be changed.'

This a really weird one, easy to fix, and lucky we have a staff member who is 'really on to it'  with API calls.
Cheers
Mike
Labels (1)
3 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
RADP
Contributor
Contributor

I also bumped into this today. Does anyone have any more information on how to fix this for all services? Example if i change my basic user account for SEG, do i have to reinstall the seg again or is resetting the password in Workspace ONE UEM console enough?
Regards,
Robert Söderlund
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

The account for the SEG is only necessary during the install as it does an API call during the setup. After that it is all certificate based between the AW components.

https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/360003873834

SEG V2 and SEG Classic
In environments in which basic authentication was used during the initial installation of the SEG (V2 or Classic) updated credentials will only need to be used when upgrading or reinstalling the SEG. After the setup procedure, SEG uses Certificate/CMS for authentication and, therefore, basic credentials are only required to establish initial communication.
0 Kudos