VMware Workspace ONE Community
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Upgrade SaaS from 9.2 to maybe 9.7 or later?

hi all,

i can't believe i'm asking this, but in my new role our DS and CS are hosted and the current version is 9.2 (hiding in shame). we also have ACC and SEG with the same version.

assuming we can upgrade both ACC and SEG right after our DS and CS are upgraded, what version would you go with? i'm leaning toward at least 9.7 from my previous experience upgrading on-premises environment.

and no, we won't upgrade from SEG classic to V2 probably until at least April.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I'd go beyond 9.7 at this point. I've had 9.7 in for a bit and it has some messy bugs related to DEP etc. The ACC and SEG can run on past versions. The ACC is an easy update, if you don't already have auto updating on. The SEG can stay behind as well and runs fine.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Luke. Reresh my memory here. Is yours dedicated SaaS as well or all on-premises?

Like you pointed out in the past, I would much rather upgrade ACC manually right after upgrading our console.

SEG is on 9.2 and from a support standpoint the console could only be up to 2 versions behind. You think it will continue working if we say upgrade to 1810?
0 Kudos
KevinAddison
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thomas, we are facing the same question now. Updating from 9.2.3.2 to X? Did you Update your environment already. If so to what ) 9.7.x or 1811? were you able to update directly or did you have to do a update to another version  first and then update to 9.7 .... ?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Hi Kevin, I've not been active here for a while. I upgraded my dedicated SaaS from 9.2 to 9.4 to ensure it remains supported by VMware. I'm now preparing to migrate my SEG from classic to V2. Once that's done, we are going all the way to at least 1811 or even 1902. Going forward, we will upgrade at least twice a year to keep up with all the changes.
0 Kudos
KevinAddison
Contributor
Contributor

We have updated to 9.7.x and had no problems. Only when we updated the SEG Classic to the latest version 9.5.x. Now we don't have any activity in the Email views. This is for us not so bad as we are migrating to O365. We have 1811 on a test server and as soon as 19xx is out we will check that out as well and decide which to use for the next production server update later this year.
0 Kudos
0kearnes0
Contributor
Contributor

I would skip 18.11, too many bugs and you'll have questionable SAML experiences.
0 Kudos