VMware Workspace ONE Community
AlanAshforth
Contributor
Contributor

Updated/Amended profiles not installing on all devices

Airwatch 8.4

Updated/Amended profiles e.g. Wifi and webclips are not installing on all enrolled devices. Updated profiles are installing only on devices enrolled this year (2019), any devices enrolled from 31/12/18 and before are not installing the profiles.

All devices in question are iOS and are various models/Age/iOS versions - both devices with installed profile and devices not installing profiles are a mixture of these variations, i.e. not effecting a particular type of device.

APNs certificate is up to date (renewed recently). Checking in and syncing the device through the console does not change anything, neither does choosing to install the profile manually in the device details page. Many devices not installing the profile are showing as recently seen on the console. Issue can be resolved by manually removing device management profile from device and re-enrolling but this is not a suitable large scale solution as it is effecting many hundreds of devices.

Any advise/assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you

Labels (1)
3 Replies
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Alan, I thought I would check in to see if you found a solution for this?
0 Kudos
nginn
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing this with our iOS devices as well.  Is there a long term fix for this?
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you attempt to push a profile that requires supervision to a non-supervised device it will fail to install. If you pushed a profile including a Lock Screen Message payload then all new profiles trying to push a Lock Screen Message payload will fail as there can only be one of those payloads installed. These would be indicated in the More / Troubleshooting log with a reason. Are there any indications in Troubleshooting for devices failing to update?
0 Kudos