VMware Workspace ONE Community
PeterMohr
Contributor
Contributor

Update VPP Apps in UEM Console

We would really like to be able to update the information store for VPP apps in the catalog for UEM. We have a VPP app from 2 years ago and they have now switched icon and text and screen shots in the Apple App Store but in the UEM catalog it still show the old information. How do we update that??
I know that devices will always the the new version directly from the Apple App Store, but please allow us to (auto) update the information

Thanks

Peter
Labels (1)
7 Replies
GrantMcClanahan
Contributor
Contributor

+1 on this one. Citrix Receiver just changes to Workspace and I would love for the name and icon to reflect the same
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This would also be great for all the upcoming name and icon changes for AirWatch renaming all their apps
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe the only way thus far is to delete the existing app and re-sync from VPP.
0 Kudos
PeterMohr
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but that would cause apps to be removed from devices when doing that... I for sure don't want that...
0 Kudos
DavidFink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on this? Our service App is still showing AirWatch Agent in VPP.
0 Kudos
PeterMohr
Contributor
Contributor

Actually for VMwares own apps, there's a SQL Script you can download and run for on-prem. SaaS should have the update already. This doesn't really fix the general problem, but will fix yours Thomas.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

David, can't support fix this for you? They should able to run the script on your Db I would think.
0 Kudos