VMware Workspace ONE Community
LukasSchfer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update App Icons on Console and Catalog

Hi, does anybody know, how to update new app icons to the catalog? For example we have in our catalog the VMWare Boxer with the old icon. Our end users are asking, why they have a differnt icon after installation. Is there a trick, to sync the icons from App/Play Store?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
13 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No trick, have to do it manually
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
LukasSchfer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sounds great! Thank you!

Do you know how it works for no VMware apps?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Same process really, just have to acquire the images from the app store/play store etc. It's a pain and VMware has never bothered to enhance the system to update on it's own, many feature requests have come and gone for this.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Everyone should click the heart icon on this post if the entire community goes nuts on that heart button maybe they will finally listen.
0 Kudos
KevinMigliaccio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem continues with the rebranding as well... any apps that received the new apps Web and Hub etc... yet in the catalog they maintain the old names and logo's  Talk about poor user experience.
0 Kudos
LukasSchfer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Kevin, I used the seed script and tested it right now on a AfW device. In the Play Store is a the new symbol of boxer.
Or do you mean something else?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is for the legacy app catalog. Google takes care of updating the play store for you in the afw case.
0 Kudos
sturmanc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have AirWatch Agent as device based VPP (Managed Distribution).  There seems no way to update the icon and name from the Purchased tab in the console (9.2.3_28)
0 Kudos
KevinMigliaccio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Luke I'm talking mainly about the iOS purchased apps since we push all apps using VPP. I was told by support they are working on it...
0 Kudos
KevinMigliaccio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't remember seeing an email for a seed script to fix android, our android devices still show old app names and icons.. What is the name of the script I'll search it, that way at least some of our devices will show correctly. 
0 Kudos
AlthafMashood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There is a DB script which fixes the icons and rebranding. You will need SA rights to run this on your DB. You might have to get in touch with your TAS to get hold of it - ask for VMWare App metadata update script
0 Kudos
DavidFink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not on PREM so I can't do this DB trick mentioned above. Would editing the license count on the VPP side maybe trigger something in the console?
0 Kudos