VMware Workspace ONE Community
crichardson23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upcoming Workspace ONE Environment Maintenance emails

I honestly don't know where to begin with this. Anything I've tried leads me nowhere.

A couple months ago I started receiving emails with the subject ' Upcoming Workspace ONE Environment Maintenance'  which outline some sort of maintenance to an Air Watch environment. I'm not an Air Watch customer. I ignored them thinking it had something to do with VMware. But the emails kept coming. There's no option to unsubscribe or manage communication preferences.

Eventually I replied to the email (AirWatch Support ) asking for information on how to be removed. I immediately received a reply indicating that it's impossible to contact Support via email. The reply included a link to ' myAirWatch' . I clicked the link and it took me to My Workspace ONE, not myAirWatch. I tried logging in with my VMware account and it worked. I browsed the portal for a while looking for communications preferences but everything was already disabled. So then I tried looking to delete my account - no an option.

At this point I'm pretty frustrated. So I decided to try to submit a ticket. At the very end of the process I receive an error indicating ' Error 401: You currently do not have permission to create tickets' .

I'm going to try calling sales (when they open) but just wanted to publicly post something about this nonsense. Include a damn unsubscribe link in the emails!
Labels (1)
7 Replies
seanpellis
Contributor
Contributor

Corey, I could not agree more. This is starting to feel like harassment.
0 Kudos
CanlinEnergy
Contributor
Contributor

Same here...can't UNSUBSCRIBE, can't CREATE a TICKET, can't CHANGE A SETTING....perpetual emails on a service that WE NO LONGER SUBSCRIBE TO yet VMWare thinks they have the right to just walk away and not provide the courtesy to allow us to end that dialogue once and for all.

We have OTHER VMware products... they need to understand that ANNOYING A CUSTOMER goes acrosss ALL PLATFORMS and therefore should allow former email recipients the ability to remove themselves from appears to be  perpetual email spamming.   

EVEN more confusing is that our tenant ISNT EVEN USED anymore and they still claim that they are MAINTAINING IT.  Really?  We stopped paying 2 yrs ago and yet VMWare does not have the intelligence to finally TERMINATE the TENANT???

MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@vmwareswaymight know who to talk to about this...

vmwaresway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey @crichardson23 - sorry you're experiencing this. I'm not familiar with these emails, but I'll reach out to folks to try to get to the bottom of this. I'll reply back once I get an answer. thx

Josue Fontanez
Sr. Product Line Manager, VMware
Check out www.techzone.vmware.com
vmwaresway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@crichardson23 @CanlinEnergy @seanpellis So it seems like these are tenants that were not deprovisioned for one reason or another. Sorry about that. Can you please send me an email at fontanezj at vmware dot com with the email you used for the tenant? I will then forward it one to the right people to get this taken care of.

Josue Fontanez
Sr. Product Line Manager, VMware
Check out www.techzone.vmware.com
kpmiller
Contributor
Contributor

vmwaresway, did you ever make any headway with unsubscribing those other folks?  I'm having the same issue.  No way possible to unsub.

twatthanaphandg
Contributor
Contributor

Bumping this, I manage an inbox for several former employees, and every time a single maintenance message gets sent from Workspace one, I get 4 emails.

I think I'm just going to start reporting these as spam now.

0 Kudos