VMware Workspace ONE Community
CarlPer
Contributor
Contributor

Unenroll DEP device

Hello,

I saw that the same problem was requested in 2019 but I am wondering if the problem is still there.
When the Apple device is in DEP mode it is impossible for the user to unenroll the device. I have deactivated the option in the settings to prevent this but it does not change anything for a DEP device. Is there a solution for people who have a DEP device to do it themselves?

Thank you
0 Kudos
7 Replies
intensert
Contributor
Contributor

I actually have a ticket opened for this very question.  Nothing has been provided yet in terms of a solution. You can change your setting for FUTURE enrollments, but I'm not sure you can for existing enrollments.

You COULD create a tool that does this via an automation, but would of course require scripting knowledge and work with AirWatch api calls.

dcorna
Contributor
Contributor

Are you looking for an Enterprise Wipe done by the user, then?

Might it feasible to allow the user to send an Enterprise Wipe from Self Service Portal, then?

0 Kudos
intensert
Contributor
Contributor

That is what I am looking to do, not sure on OP.  However, when trying myself, I only get the option of an enterprise wipe for devices that I have the same ability on the actual device.  It seems to mirror the dep profile.

And AirWatch got back to me, there is no way to change this on a device that's already enrolled.  It's part of a DEP profile which is configured at first connection.  They told me I could have users unenroll, reenroll and then they'd have the option.  How helpful.

0 Kudos
dcorna
Contributor
Contributor

Do you mean you can't send an Enterprise Wipe to those device even from WS1 UEM console?  Or are you speaking only of Self-Service Portal?

0 Kudos
intensert
Contributor
Contributor

I as an administrator can send a wipe from the console.  What we're trying to do is allow our end users to be able to initiate this themselves.

0 Kudos
dcorna
Contributor
Contributor

I see. Have you tried to see if your users can launch an enterprise wipe from Self Service Portal?

0 Kudos
intensert
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried, and this ONLY works if the users also have the ability to do it from the device.  So if the DEP config on the device does not allow them to unenroll from it, then they can't do it form the SSP either.

0 Kudos