VMware Workspace ONE Community
ImranMasood
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to hide phone icon on iphone 8

Is there a way to hide a phone icon on iphone?  I tried hiding an app identifier ' com.apple.mobilephone'  in Restrictions profile under ' Hide Apps'  however it didn't hide the icon.  I am assuming it may be because Apple doesn't allow to hide that icon but like to confirm that.  Or if there's a setting somewhere on device or in AW Console somewhere to hide that.  Also, same goes for Catalog icon as well. Tried ' com.airwatch.appcatalog'  under Hide Apps but that didn't work either.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeanPayne
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately there's not a way to hide the phone nor the settings. I've went about creating a profile that only shows a few apps that we need, and those two still show up. s far as catalog I thought that was a OG level setting to where you can turn on/off. But with it being so high up you will hit anything currently at that level. If there's another way to hide the catalog I'll let someone else speak to it, i just have it disabled for our Corp devices and enabled for the BYOD side (separated via OG).
0 Kudos
tfriedm
Contributor
Contributor

For the phone icon, I just created a folder in a Restrictions Profile under Home Screen Layout and added Phone (Native, com.apple.mobilephone) along with any other icons that I couldn't hide or were less used. You can also put the folder on another page, so a user is less likely to open it. Apple hasn't allowed the MDM's to hide the Phone icon at this time. You may need to open a ticket with Workspace One on a way of hiding the Catalog as a feature request.
0 Kudos
SeanMuldowney
Contributor
Contributor

HI Todd, How did you create the Folder in the restrictions profile? I would like to do the same thing for phones we are using to collect data out in the field. I do not see an option to create the folder under restrictions profile.
0 Kudos
tfriedm
Contributor
Contributor

When you create or edit an iOS Restrictions profile, enter in your General tab requirements. Then scroll down on the left-side column and choose the Home Screen Layout (payload option). Select Configure. On the first page, you'll just see the Dock option to fill in. Select the Add Page button and this will give you the option to Add Folder on Page 1 (where you can also name the folder). You can continue to add pages and put folders on any page that you add. In the folder, you can then assign apps. In your case, start typing in ' Phone (Native, com.apple.mobilephone)' .

Let me know if you have more questions?
0 Kudos
SeanMuldowney
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you worked perfect, I was looking just in the Restrictions section.
0 Kudos