VMware Workspace ONE Community
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to get Class of Service

I made a few test installs of Workspace as evaluation purpuse.

Every time i try to entere in the COS of the data service to make changes i can enter maybe one time then from there on there's no way to show, edit or copy the default COS; all i get is the error above.

It's a fresh installation, following the manual and most settings are default including ssl certs; i just joined to the domian and configured the connector appliance to collect some thinapp packages.

Everything else just works fine and i had no error installing and configuring the vApp.

I tried to put this appliance in maintenance mode and back online and also rebooted it but no luck.

Anyone had the same problem? Is there a way around it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I had sent the following email to you as a private message on June 20, did you receive it? I have now obscured the actual email address.

Hi,

Thanks for sending the detailed log. After looking at the token, it looks like there may be two user records using the same email id -<some email id>

We don't support two users having the same email address. It is possible the user you are logged into horizon workspace, failed provisioning to data, as it is a duplicate email. Hence, you are not able to access the COS.

Can you change the email address and re-provision? Or delete the other user?

Sridevi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

what version of Horizon workspace are you installing? We had bug about that, but they were all fixed, AFAIK.  Furthermore, I see no attachments in your thread, can you attach it?

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sure, the version is 1.0.0-1020976

Here's the screenshot

Capture.PNG

I should add that i've noticed if i unentitle all COS from all groups and wait 1-2 minutes than i can view and modify them.

When i entitle groups with a COS again i will get the same error... sounds really like a bug.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1) Can you see errors when doing so in:

service-va:  /opt/vmware/horizon/horizoninstance/logs/horizon.log

data-va: /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

2) Have you added a data-va recently? if you have 2+ data-va nodes, I'd suggest you to run on a data va as root: "su - zimbra ; zmprov fc -a all" every time you add/edit a cos. It's an issue we fixed recently.

3) Also, please attempt to use another administrator, or promote a new one and try again if you can.

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1) yes i do, on the data-va i get this:

2013-06-14 17:31:14,129 WARN  [qtp2106633145-271:https://172.16.50.204:7071/data/service/admin/soap] [ip=172.16.50.202;] SoapEngine - auth token has expired: unable to construct SOAP context

2) nope, fresh default install with one data-va

3) promoted a user to admin, same issue

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please enable additional log level in data-va and re-do the same use case?

In /opt/zimbra/conf/log4j.properties.in , add the line -  log4j.logger.hzndata.auth=TRACE at the end.

Then, restart the data server using the following commands:

su - zimbra

zmcontrol restart

Then, send us the mailbox.log from /opt/zimbra/log folder.

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

sorry it took me a couple days but here's the log.

You will find i replaced my company email with test01@testdomain.com for privacy reason.

Seems like the error is the same i saw i the other logs previously.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

*PING*

0 Kudos
sravuri
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I had sent the following email to you as a private message on June 20, did you receive it? I have now obscured the actual email address.

Hi,

Thanks for sending the detailed log. After looking at the token, it looks like there may be two user records using the same email id -<some email id>

We don't support two users having the same email address. It is possible the user you are logged into horizon workspace, failed provisioning to data, as it is a duplicate email. Hence, you are not able to access the COS.

Can you change the email address and re-provision? Or delete the other user?

Sridevi

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I do have duplicates.

I will make the change probably tomorrow and report back to you asap.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Removing duplicated totally resolved the problem.

As far as i can tell it all looks good now. I will update this thread if things will change.

Btw, never got an email from you, don't know why.

0 Kudos