VMware Workspace ONE Community
Nageeb197
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to edit profile

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help with the current issue that I facing with our mdm(Workspace One). At the moment I can’t edit anything on the profile hence every time when I click edit on the profile page all I’m getting the error message saying "Something unexpected happened. If the issue persists, please contact your IT administrator" and for this case I'm the system administrator but I believe this issue is with Workspace One, so will it be possible if you can tell me how to resolve this issue? please see the screen shot below

Nageeb197_0-1643623718227.jpeg

24 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so a moderator can move it to the area for Workspace ONE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Nageeb197
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I didn't follow what you said, could you explain to me what do you mean with your reply?

0 Kudos
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, information about WSO UEM Version and which profiles are affected would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Nageeb197
Contributor
Contributor

The version of WSO is 21.11.0.6 (2111) and the profiles that have been affected so far are KFMDefault and KFMDefaultIOS

0 Kudos
Nageeb197
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mario,

do you know why I can't raise a support ticket through vmware?

0 Kudos
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, sorry I don't know. 
I was interested because we have a problem after updating to 21.09 with some Android Profiles which just display an empty white page.
Android Profiles in the latest versions use a new UI.
We already have a ticket open for this. 

Maybe in your case you just have problems with the rigths of your admin role? API rights are neccessary.
Maybe you can check this article:
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/87259

MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are a limited number of admins who are allowed to open tickets for a VMWare/WS1 account.  Find out who at your company has the permission.  If you can't find that person, talk to your sales rep to sort it out.

0 Kudos
AaronWhittaker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have had the same issues after an upgrade. To fix it, we made a copy of the 'broken' profile and reuploaded it with a v2 name at the end and deleted the original. That seemed to work for us.

0 Kudos
ejRamirez
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing similar issues with our environment after upgrading to 2111.(same screenshot)

Not only can't we edit WiFi profiles, but if we create a new one, then save it. We are not able to edit it after the fact.

Newly enrolled devices also are not receiving any of the wifi profiles as well.

We have raised a ticket with VMware, but they are not providing any updates or further info at this time. 

Has anyone heard any further updates on their end regarding their issue? Or has VMware provided any of you with a work around?

0 Kudos
habit81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nageeb197, did you receive any updates from VMware. We're having the same issue on one of our environments. Unable to edit any Android Enterprise profile and also unable to create new Android Enterprise profile.

moba77
Contributor
Contributor

we have same issue too ! When we try to edit a particular profile it crash, we can't also duplicate it. Our versione is 22.4.0.6 (2204)

let me know if there is some workaround

Thanks for help 🙂

Erwan120492
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nageeb,

Did you have an update please ?

I have the same issue after upgrade to 21.09.

0 Kudos
Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, 
we had the issue with Android Profiles.
In the API log we saw a Bad Request Error while trying to open the Profiles.
This was provided by support and helped in our case (Step 5: repair .NET Core Windows Server Hosting bundle):

1. Open IIS Manager on the API server and go to Sites > MetadataTransformService > Handler Mappings. Does page load successfully? If yes, proceed to Step 6, if no, proceed to Step 2

2.Do the same validation for the DesiredStateManagement and EntitlementService sites. Do the pages load successfully? If no, proceed to Step 3

3.In IIS Manager, go to Sites > Default Website > Modules and look for AspNetCoreModuleV2. Does the module exist? If no, proceed to Step 4

4.Open File Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\IIS\Asp.Net Core Module\V2 and check for the aspnetcorev2.dll file. Does the file exist? If no, proceed to Step 5

5.Open Control Panel and verify if the .NET Core 3.1.14 Windows Server Hosting bundle (or more recent version of 3.X) is installed. If it is, perform a repair action. If it is not, download and install it. Once it has been repaired/installed, go back through Steps 1-4.

-If Steps 1-4 are successful, and the page still does not load, proceed to Step 6.

6.Browse to the <UEM_install_directory>\AirWatch\AirWatch 2111\Websites\MetadataTransformService and look for web.config file. Open the config and validate that it has the line <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script">. If it does not, make a backup of the config file and then add the line to it. **

Erwan120492
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your quick answer.

I had to reschedule the upgrade, I will keep you inform 😉

Could I upgrade to the version 22.12  directly from the 21.05 ?

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you so much Sir! Worked like a charm, in my case I had to repair and change the web.config, but afterwards it worked!

Mikhail22
Contributor
Contributor

Colleagues, good afternoon.
I have the same problem as described in this post. Console version 22.12.0.12, problem with opening edit and profile creation page for Android, crashes with "sad astronaut" error.
Dear Mario,
Following your instructions, I found a problem opening the Sites > MetadataTransformService page. Can't open, error 500 "Internal server error".
DesiredStateManagement page - returns 400 response code. Overall, it looks to be functional.
EntitlementService page - 404 error.
I checked for .NET Core 3.XX, version 3.1.25 is installed.
The configuration file <UEM_install_directory>\AirWatch\AirWatch 2111\Websites\MetadataTransformService\web.conf contains the line <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script">.
The problem came to light after updating from version 2111.
Can you please let me know if there is another way to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Mario_Giese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

in my case I performed the repair action of the .net core under Programs (point 5).
After that it worked again.

BR Mario

0 Kudos
Mikhail22
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the quick response.
My MetadataTransformService page response looks strange (screenshot attached). As if the config is not correct. How many lines do you have in your web.conf file?

0 Kudos
lucas32
Contributor
Contributor

I found your comment intriguing as it highlights an issue encountered after updating to version 21.09, specifically with certain Android Profiles displaying a blank white page. It seems that the latest versions of Android Profiles feature a new user interface. It's worth mentioning that there is already an open ticket addressing this concern.

In your situation, it is possible that the problem may be related to the permissions of your admin role. Ensuring the correct API rights are granted could potentially resolve the issue. You may find further information and troubleshooting steps in the article provided below. You can read more article on this <a href="https://modlonely.com/category/strategy/"> Game</a>