VMware Workspace ONE Community
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to disable lost mode

Good morning,
after we lost a temrinal ios, we put the terminal into lost mode,
It was found after a week, however it went out in lost mode because it had no battery left.
I can't deactivate the lost mode anymore since the sim is locked and not connected to the wifi.

Do you have an idea?

Even the DFU mode doesn't work.

Yours sincerely,

Maxime
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Recovery Mode will work (DFU is more extreme and not necessary), provided you temporarily un-assign (not release) the device from your MDM server in Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager. After un-assigning it, wipe the device with Recovery Mode (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263) and when done re-assign the device to your MDM server, then re-enroll it as desired. We recently had to do this procedure on a locked device that would not re-connect to Wi-Fi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Recovery Mode will work (DFU is more extreme and not necessary), provided you temporarily un-assign (not release) the device from your MDM server in Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager. After un-assigning it, wipe the device with Recovery Mode (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263) and when done re-assign the device to your MDM server, then re-enroll it as desired. We recently had to do this procedure on a locked device that would not re-connect to Wi-Fi.
0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you very much, after having followed the instructions, and it's fine.

0 Kudos
cm1190
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can I prevent "lost mode" when user types in wrong code for "intelligent hub" too often?

I've only seen "lost mode" until now, when users forgets his passcode for "intelligent hub".

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What console version are you on and are you an on-premises or a SaaS customer?

0 Kudos
cm1190
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Version: 20.7.0.2 (2007)  SaaS

0 Kudos
KevinWMCRO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So I tried to send an enterprise wipe to a device and while it shows unenrolled in the MDM nothing is being sent to the device. Prior to that the MDM could not send commands to the device either (disable lost mode, reboot, clear passcode, etc).  

The user has since tried to connect to iTunes in recovery mode (and not in) and iTunes still can’t wipe the device because it’s in lost mode. 

I even took my phone (also a DEP device on the MDM) and the MDM couldn’t  send commands to it.  I did a full wipe on my device and the apps won’t auto install (even after commands sent from the MDM).  So it seems the MDM may have an issue but I’m not sure where to check.  It does send commands to my iPad though. 

Any thoughts on other things I can try?

0 Kudos