VMware Workspace ONE Community
GregPellegrino
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to add additional VDMKs for Storage

I'm attempting to add additional VMDKs for storage.  Per the guide, added disks to the data-va vm.  From the console for data-va, logged in with root.  The command /opt/vmware-hdva-installer/bin/zca-expand-lv indicates "No new disk found".

The instructions in the online installation guide for Horizon Workspace are very straight forward and I've started over a couple times.  Any secret sauce i'm missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mougT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had to reboot the appliance after adding the extra disk before the zca-expand-lv command found it...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mougT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had to reboot the appliance after adding the extra disk before the zca-expand-lv command found it...

0 Kudos
GregPellegrino
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

mougT,

Rebooting the Workspace vApp worked.  I swear I had try that once, but must not have.  Thank you!

It would be interesting to know if there are any commands in the Horizon Data CLI that could be used in place of rebooting the vApp.  Hopefully someone will add a post with that info.  Otherwise i'll run some experiments and post back later.

0 Kudos
agawarikar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, the data-va appliance needs to be rebooted. I will ensure that the documentation has that information captured.

0 Kudos