VMware Workspace ONE Community
BigMatt007
Contributor
Contributor

Turning Off Predictive Text on a managed Samsung Tablet

Hi All

We are looking at managing a number of Android Samsung Tablets as Shared Devices using Launcher but have come across a issue which we can't seem to find an answer for to date.

Scenario is:

User picks up a device and signs in using their credentials...does their work and logs out - on log out we clear the app caches.

Next user comes along, goes to sign in - their ID starts with the same letter as they start typing Predictive text is giving options including the previous user's ID. We would like to remove that predictive text suggestion.

We have identified the setting is Under General Management - Samsung Keyboard Settings - Predictive Text but can't seem to find anything in Profiles (including when OEM is enabled) so far. 

Any suggestions - we suspect if it is possible that it would be a Custom XML Profile....

0 Kudos
1 Reply
psiwi1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not directly related to that setting you are after.

But I have logged a support request to change the samsung default keyboard to Gboard and VMware support came back told me that it is not possible and if I wanted, I should request a feature request.

I am suspecting, it will be the same case for your request as it is a setting to do with the Samsung keybard.

0 Kudos