VMware Workspace ONE Community
richardvanberge
Contributor
Contributor

Tunnel Session MULTI_AUTH_FAILURE

Hi,
We are busy developing an app for internal use for about 1000 devices (Android). De app is designed in Java for Android. The phone is a Samsung A8 en fully managed by our on-prem AirWatch env (9.4).
The functionality of the app is polling data from a server (internal). For enclosing data from internal servers we are tunneling the app via per-app-vpn. Most of the time the app is working, but once a wile (a couple of days in between) the app is not able to connect and see the error in the logfile: Tunnel Session MULTI_AUTH_FAILURE. On both the log file on device and tunnel logs. To get the app connected again we need to re-install the per-app-vpn profile on the phone from AirWatch (remove first).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RayChiaGhengYi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Richard,
I encountered the same issue as you as well and perform the steps you mentioned and it solved my problem.
Hope VMware can fix this bug in the future.
Thank you
Regards,
Ray Chia
0 Kudos
BarisGulener
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,
We started to get the same issue. We tried the process you wrote above (we removed the profile, sent it again), but the solution didn't work.
Is there another solution?
Regards,
Baris

0 Kudos
richardvanberge
Contributor
Contributor

When we upgraded to AirWatch version 9.4, the Multi_Auth_Failure was resolved. At this moment we are running on AW 9.6 and have planned to upgrade to 9.7, because a lot of fixes are being made in this version...especially for the tunnel. VMware also launched previously a newer Tunnel app for Android, which is more stable....although it looks like. Now we don't have issues for about 2 weeks I believe.

Btw....make a clear description of your issue and report it to Vmware AirWatch. And make sure that the case will never closed until you didn't run in issues for about a week. Our case is still open...from third week of August I think and had almost on daily bases contact with the support of VMware. We also granted them access to our test environment of AW to reproduce the issues on their own devices.....

0 Kudos