VMware Workspace ONE Community
Manimegalaiv
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to sync google directory with vmware workspace one UEM

Hello Everyone🙂,

I am using Google workspace Enterprise admin as my primary directory in our company.

and now we are in the process of implementing workspace one UEM and workspace access (cloud-based).

To connect workspace access we have configured the SAML authentication method and it works fine. ( google as IDP, VMware access SP).

and now we are trying to sync our google directory with workspace one UEM (using some GIT code called rollcall) and it gets crashed multiple times and also tried to provision the users in UEM that does not work either.

we do not have any LDAP directories or active directory in our company. All our users are in the cloud  (ONLY  in google workspace enterprise). no on-prem servers. 

So my question is what is the best way to integrate google directory users to VMware workspace ONE and provision devices (windows, macos,android, ios). what should be the integration method what type of directory will be suitable for my company?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I would recommend AirWatch Provisioning App in VMware Workspace ONE Access (https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-Access/services/ws1access-awprovisiongapp/GUID-11206...). With this app your users will be automatically provisioned to UEM from access when they have been created after first log in.

Manimegalaiv
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Noordan , let me try this and update here🙂 Thanks a lot for your time and ref.

0 Kudos
niki2
Contributor
Contributor

To connect workspace access we have configured the SAML authentication method and it works fine. ( google as IDP, VMware access SP).

Could you share how you did this? WE are trying to use google as IDP as well but are running into issues. 

0 Kudos
Manimegalaiv
Contributor
Contributor

@niki2 

We have created IDP metadata from Google workspace enterprise and uploaded it to access and exported  SP metadata from Workspace one Access and uploaded that in google workspace (enterprise ).

Make sure your subscription has the capability of creating a saml connection.
If you elaborate on your issue, I might help be able to you.

0 Kudos
niki2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! 

Yes, sorry we uploaded the metadata from google aswell but it is asking for authentication methods and I'm lost since i don'tknow what to put in.

Authentication Methods

Select which authentication methods the IdP will use to authenticate users.

Authentication Methods :

Select which authentication methods the IdP will use to authenticate users.

Authentication Methods SAML Context:

0 Kudos
TeivX
Contributor
Contributor

i have met same the issue, @niki2 @Manimegalaiv  could you help me?

0 Kudos
TeivX
Contributor
Contributor

using  AirWatch Provisioning App that help you resolve your concern related with google directory ?

0 Kudos