VMware Workspace ONE Community
JohnKominko
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to delete user groups

Good Day,

I am trying to clean up our Airwatch console and I wanted to remove some old user groups.  I have confirmed that the user groups are not assigned to anything (as far as I can tell), but when I use the delete function it give me the error ' Cannot delete User Group as it may have assignments linked to it.'   Unfortunately it doesn't say if there is, only ' may' , and if I did miss an assignment, it would be great if it told me what that assignment was so I can remove it. 

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

John
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not being used as an exclusion somewhere? I have 1 that I cannot delete as well that I get this same message for. Drives me insane!
0 Kudos
CarlosTorresCar
Contributor
Contributor

Same!!
0 Kudos
JohnKominko
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  No exclusions, we didn't apply that function in our environment.    John
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Check for profiles you don't see because they have been made inactive instead of deleted. Go to Profiles / Filters / Status / Inactive and see if any of those are still associated with an Assignment group using a User group.
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Rich.... you see what happens when you let other admins into your console mess with profiles? They deactivate them instead of deleting them. I've been around long enough to know better but apparently forgot I wasn't the only cook in the kitchen anymore. Thanks for the reminder... FOUND IT! Deleted now!
0 Kudos
CarlosTorresCar
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant. I appreciate this, as its been an issue for me as well. Too many chefs in the ' kitchen'  here too.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
jasonvb91
Contributor
Contributor

Check deactivated Profiles and Retired applications that are deployed. I come across this not long ago and i wasnt checking Retired applications.

Regards,

Jason
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

One of my pet peeves with Airwatch, Delete != Deactivate
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Delete should mean delete!
0 Kudos
JohnKominko
Contributor
Contributor

Good Day,  I have looked and nothing is currently assigned in the inactive or retired.  I did find one rogue profile which I attempted to delete and it's now says ' delete in progress'  going on hour 3.  Very frustrated at the tool.  I will keep hunting (and waiting for the profile to delete).

Thanks.

John
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

those often never delete, you may have to delete from the database.  I find the deactivate when you click delete especially annoying since there is a deactivate.  if i wanted to deactivate I would have clicked that.
0 Kudos
JohnKominko
Contributor
Contributor

I have a theory.  All the user groups I am trying to delete were previously associated to Content Locker admin repositories, I had deleted the repositories, but from all the comments nothing is ever ' deleted'  (or so it seems).  I am thinking I need to engage support as those repositories are not ' deleted' .  We are a SAAS client.

Thanks for all the info.

john
0 Kudos