VMware Workspace ONE Community
JackLauHK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thinapp provisioning mechanism with Horizon Workspace

Hi Guys,

I would like to know the behavior of thinapp provisioning using Horizon Workspace in the senario below.

Let say if the administrator entitles a new ThinApp to 1000 users,  would Horizon Workspace has any manchanism to minimize the network storm (due to provisioning an application to a large amount of users at a time) e.g. by distributing the thinapp batch by batch? If yes, what is the batch size (say 10, 50, 100 users/batch)?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, there is no such function.

I don't see that as a huge problem since its more of a "pull" then a "push".

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, there is no such function.

I don't see that as a huge problem since its more of a "pull" then a "push".

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JackLauHK
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Linjo,

Thanks for your reply.

Though it's a 'pull' operation, however let say I provision a large app with 2GB in size to 1000 users, this would still cause burden on the network since all the users are pulling the file from the server at the same time provided that all the Horizon Workspace clients are setup with default POLLINGINTERVAL of 180s.

This could cause issue especially in a Mirage deployment.

0 Kudos