VMware Workspace ONE Community
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The product is not compatible with the device

Hi, all of a sudden, on Android work managed devices, I got the samsung gallery pubblic application (com.sec.android.gallery3d), not being able to install, giving the error above. The devices are all samsung and it always worked. They have android 11 but I have other same terminals with android 11 where the app has been installed. Really don't know what's happening.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
nzelck
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have the same issue. Any solution yet?

Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

nope, still the same issue. had to choose another photo app from the play store, com.google.android.apps.photos if you want to know. that is working.  😔

Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Samsung gallery have been marked as a system application in android 11. You have to whitelist the gallery application thru an application group

https://docs.samsungknox.com/admin/knox-platform-for-enterprise/kbas/kba-369-cannot-install-samsung-... 

0 Kudos
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's interesting. But that app is "not compatibile" only on one device, on others did install. They are all samsung android 11. So really can't understand, maybe is a specific per installation thing. However, I can't find a place on airwatch where to mark the apps as system apps. I simply did whitelisted it on a app group, as all the others.

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hm.. that sounds weird that only one device is affected. I had customers that had more devices affected.
And yes, that I mean is that you have to add the application to a whitelist and then deploy a profile with the application control payload with "enable system apps" enabled. 
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/2011/Android_Platform/GUID-AWT-PROFILE-APP-CONTR... 

Tags (1)
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I see that the device that doesn't istall the app is the only one assigned on its profile...however on that profile the application control payload with "enable system apps" IS enabled. But maybe is some other payload or something missing on that profile...but actually looks fine, can't really figure it out.

0 Kudos
Samarjeet1
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah but if I don't get that wrong, that page is for app developers who upload their apk on the store, thus they can manage the device compatibility restrictions. But I'm talking about standard apps like Samsung ones.

0 Kudos