VMware Workspace ONE Community
ShekharBhardwaj
Contributor
Contributor

Test connection failed in Email Configuration - Session Initialized failed.

Hi All,

While testing connection in Email > Configuration > Error message says - ' Failed to Register PowerShell functions for Microsoft.Exchange @ Powershell endpoint https://casarray.com/powershell/ using Authentication type: Basic, User: domain or username, using service credentials: False, ViewEntireForest enabled: False '

Although emails are following just fine but i want to know how this can be fixed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Bobwardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi is this an existing what was working configuration , or is it a new setup?
The reason I ask is that ours failed last week after the upgrade in the SAAS environment, when we test connectivity to exchange from the AW SAAS console it fails.
0 Kudos
ShekharBhardwaj
Contributor
Contributor

This is an existing setup and it failed yesterday. It was working fine.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Is you service account working? Password not expired etc?
0 Kudos
Bobwardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1274361 is my case ID as support are looking at it at the moment we have just verified the service account is good and has all the correct permissions etc. they upgraded to 9.3.0.2 then it stopped working.
they sent this so we could check the settings all passed as they should https://resources.air-watch.com/save/58s68pfzpdlvgqrzpsnx/en
0 Kudos
Bobwardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is it 2010 exchange?
0 Kudos
ShekharBhardwaj
Contributor
Contributor

Yes
0 Kudos
Bobwardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Shekhar, did you get this resolved, we still have a ticket open as it is not resolved for us with Support 1 week later.

I have had to release phones directly from Exchange so far.
0 Kudos
DaleAlderton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shekhar.
What was your solution here? I'm also experiencing this, but I took over the environment and since discovered the session initialization error. So I'm not sure if/when it ever worked and still on v9.1
0 Kudos
HERNDONBRENT
Contributor
Contributor

Shehkar B. or anyone else seeing this....did AirWatch Support get this resolved for you?  We started getting this error/problem when we upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3 to 9.6.0.8.  I submitted a case on this a bit ago. We too are on Exchange 2010 and nothing has changed except for the upgrade before this started happening.
0 Kudos