VMware Workspace ONE Community
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

TLS Port Sharing for VMware Horizon on UAG

Hey guys,

just a quick question, maybe someone knows the answer. I'm looking to migrate all VMware services (Content, Tunnel, Email Gateway and VMware Horizon) to the newest UAG version. Now, the online help page states that TLS port sharing for port 443 is allowed for Content, Tunnel and SEG. It doesn't mention Horizon specifically but I'm not sure if i can 100% trust the help page since I've encountered some misleading information before and all Horizon components are documented in another section of the help page.

Has anyone ever tried deploying all AirWatch services and Horizon on the same port with UAG v3.7.1?

Best,

Max

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TSVMWAW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

YES i did.

For tle.port sharing to work you need different dns names for every service like

Seg.domane.com for seg that is poiting to uag

Tunnel.domane.com for vmware tunnel.poiting to uag

Content.domane.com for content gateway poiting to.uag.

Horizon blast and vmwsre tunnel cant be on the same server because translated port for both services is 8443 on uag.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TSVMWAW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

YES i did.

For tle.port sharing to work you need different dns names for every service like

Seg.domane.com for seg that is poiting to uag

Tunnel.domane.com for vmware tunnel.poiting to uag

Content.domane.com for content gateway poiting to.uag.

Horizon blast and vmwsre tunnel cant be on the same server because translated port for both services is 8443 on uag.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It seems like consolidating all the existing components into UAG is the way to go definitely for a new and maybe existing deployment. I'm all for it but definitely will make sure there are more than plenty of UAG servers for high availability.  I will sure keep this thread in mind when the time comes. Thanks both!
0 Kudos
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey guys,

thanks for the replies!

It's a shame that Horizon and Tunnel can't coexist on the same UAG server, but I'm sure they'll fix that eventually if they want us to use UAG for everything. Thanks for the help regarding port sharing tho!

0 Kudos
YvesAmidas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I think you can change the VMware Tunnel port during the VMware Tunnel configuration. Then we can free the TCP/8443 for Blast Protocol.
P.S. I did not tried this on UAG.

I have bad experience on the port sharing of UAG. I enabled the Content Gateway in the UAG. The Content Gateway listen on TCP/20443.
The UAG use HAProxy for port sharing. The UAG use IPTable redirect the TCP/443 port to TCP/6443.
TCP/6443 is listening by HAProxy. Then the HAProxy redirect the TCP/443 to TCP/20443.
However, these redirection is not always works. I was tested in the UAG 3.5.x. I hope this was fixed in the UAG 3.7.
0 Kudos