VMware Workspace ONE Community
JensHu
Contributor
Contributor

Starting a background app automatically

I develop a background app, which collects data and then sends it periodically to a greylog. This works fine, if i start the app manually.

My problem is now, that the app should start automatically after i deploy it with airwatch to the devices.

I read then that android 10 has a malware protection, which enforces an app to be started manually before it can do anything automatically. Does there already a solution exists for this?

I tried to add the app as a hidden app in the launcher, hoping there would already be something included for this, because those apps can never be started manually. But it doesnt seem like.

I also tried the airwatchSDK and reacting to the onApplicationConfigurationChange or onApplicationProfileReceived Intent. But it seems they also get blocked (maybe i did something wrong here, not 100% sure).

Did anyone else encounter this problem and has maybe a hint for me?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atljoer
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could have an activity that could be called by Hub via a Product. Schedule the Product to run every X time.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/ProdProv_All/GUID-FBB62176-0AE9-40CD-89...

0 Kudos
JensHu
Contributor
Contributor

when i add the app in the launcher as a normal app, i have under "App Attributes" the option "Launch App On Start Up".

Why is this option not available with hidden apps?

FanningR
Contributor
Contributor

In order to make Android allow apps to run in background, all you need to do is press the open padlock icon right next to them. Once the open padlock changes and you get the “Locked” pop-up notification on your screen,

SBCC Pipeline Sign In

0 Kudos