VMware Workspace ONE Community
800Gunner
Contributor
Contributor

Sites blocked in airwatch browser

I have configured my airwatch browser to access certain sites, but when it launches the site, it tells me they are blocked.

I have purposefully put them under sites that should be allowed

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
odisjohnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever find a solution for this?

0 Kudos
_Steven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, you can export the Web app logs and see which URL is being blocked.

Do this either from the app itself or from the console in the Apps tab on the device page, then go to More > Attachments > Documents :

_Steven_0-1682682616220.png

_Steven_1-1682682682887.png

0 Kudos
odisjohnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Symptoms

A website URL was added to the Allowlist of sites in the VMware Browser configuration section. Yet, whenever we attempt to access this URL, the browser returns an error message stating 'This site has been blocked by your Administrator'.

Resolution

This behavior happens to websites that might contain more than one sub-domain under their main domain (usually for other connection protocols or apps such as mail, vpn, etc). In order to allow access to the main site, please add a wildcard to the name of a top domain to be Allowlist. For example, if allowing access to www.google.com , please add FIRST a wildcard to the top domain (*google.com) and this will allow access to all the other sub-domains (mail.google, maps.google, etc). You can configure just the main domain so it can access all sub-sites or if you require only access to specific sites (i.e. maps.google.com) then add this URL to the list AFTER the main domain wildcard as such:

*google.com

*maps.google.com

Basically just add a * in front all the sites that are blocked.

0 Kudos