VMware Workspace ONE Community
jmartinWSO
Contributor
Contributor

Silent install: TecQuipment Materials Laboratory (MF40) v 2.4

I have been trying to create a silent install command for the MF40 app from Tecquipment. You can find this software on their website on the downloads page. I have found that "Setup.exe /s /norestart" works but you have to be in an elevated cmd to get it to work. The setup.exe file requires elevation to run. If you try to do a /? or /help to get possible commands, it just opens the installer like you have tried to run it instead of giving you a list of commands. There is a setup.msi file in the download that gives some /? commands but the command it gives for silent, /silent, didn't even work when I was testing. Plus, if you try running that installation file it does nothing. It was a bit of trial and error before I found that /s works. Does anyone have some suggestions.

I am using Worskpace One to deploy and I have written a simple ps1 file for installation that basically just runs the above command then cleans up the files. Is there anything I can add that would elevate the installation or something I should be doing when adding it to WSO? I don't want to start messing with registry entries as seem to be suggested from my research. Has anyone else written something for installing this software?

I have attached the ps1 file I created for this below, any suggestions of what I should change? I'm still really new at having to create these so please explain clearly. It has been interesting learning about how all this works but sometimes it's just frustrating. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies