VMware Workspace ONE Community
returaxel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Signing certificate

Hi,

So our Signing Certificate (Devices & Groups > Apple > Profile) in 14 days.

From what I can tell this has never been handled by my precessors as it's not in override mode.

However I can not find clear information regarding this. Many, if not all, knowledge base articles say you should upgrade your certificate, altough this seem to be for the On-Prem installations.

I'm guessing, leave it be and it sorts itself out.

Any input on the issue appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

returaxel​ - If you're inheriting the profile signing certificate from our SaaS environments (e.g. not overridden), we will be updating it on your behalf shortly.   There should be no impact to existing/enrolled devices.   Rather, new profiles sent to Apple devices will be signed with the updated certificate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

returaxel​ - If you're inheriting the profile signing certificate from our SaaS environments (e.g. not overridden), we will be updating it on your behalf shortly.   There should be no impact to existing/enrolled devices.   Rather, new profiles sent to Apple devices will be signed with the updated certificate.

chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I recalled reading in the VMware Workspace ONE documentation, devices that were already enrolled with the expired certificate will simply show Not Verified. However, there's no impact on functionality. Can anyone confirm?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

How does the process work now with SAAS, do we need to update it still or does VM Support do it? Previously when on prem, obviously we'd renew it all ourselves but that was when we had the Console and DS server on site to generate the CSR to renew.

What or how is the process now since we've moved to SAAS? We've only been on SAAS in the last couple of years so currently our setting is set to OVERRIDE. We have a custom DNS name that redirects to the SAAS name so that we could have business continuity for our users when enrolling their devices.

Thanks 

0 Kudos