VMware Workspace ONE Community
DANYBOUFFARD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sign in to itunes to allow ds.server.com to manage APPS when installing APPS on DEP Enrolled devices

Hi,

I receive this message when I assign Purchased APPS using Apple Business from Workspace One. On a DEP enrolled device. It is very annoying for the users that have iPads

Is there a way to not have this message and that the app simply install properly ?

Here is the message, I changed my server name for a fake one in this example:

Sign in to itunes to allow ds.server.com to manage and install apps.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
XVasquezRush
Contributor
Contributor

We are starting to see this will all services up and running and devices supervised. Did you get a response from anyone?
0 Kudos
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are your DEP devices Supervised? Are you sure all the apps are all set to device-based licenses?

' If you are using device-based assignment for all purchased apps, you can disable Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > VPP Managed Distribution > Automatically Send Invites.  This will result in users not to be prompted to enter their Apple ID when installing these apps.'
https://support.workspaceone.com/articles/115001674208
0 Kudos
XVasquezRush
Contributor
Contributor

yes, yes, and no. no auto send invites, we have never used that and have not a single issue with any other app or device.  This is definelty weird.

All supervised, all using device assigned apps from VPP.

Thanks, I openned a ticket with VMware support. I will post up once I get to the bottom of this.
0 Kudos
XVasquezRush
Contributor
Contributor

As it turns out an admin had also assigned a Public version of the app to the same OG and set of devices. the Public app assignment was causing the iTunes prompt.

I unassigned the app from Public and prompt gone.

Thanks.
0 Kudos