VMware Workspace ONE Community
callegrafi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Shared iPad how to automatically change OG for the current user

Hi all! We have just started to play with ASM and shared iPads..

We have a DEP profile for multi user. The DEP profile is on our top OG.

We have created a staging enrollment user We have set up a class in ASM with test students. They have synced into Airwatch and we have assigned the ASM student accounts with Airwatch users.

We have set up a cart for the class.

So far everything is ok.. But how are students automatically moved from the top OG to their schools OG when a student log in with their ASM account on the iPad?

In device details on the iPad we can see in ' User info'  that the ASM account is assigned to the correct Airwatch user.

In Settings or Devices & Users or General or Enrollment and the Grouping tab we have:

' Group ID Assignment Mode'  to ' Automatically Select Based on User Group'

' Apply mapping on enrollment only'  - not checked

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Labels (1)
7 Replies
callegrafi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bumping this to see if anyone has seen it?
We have an open case, but not getting much feedback after they checked if it was correctly setup.
0 Kudos
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Carl,

I have two shared iPads in my environment and the automatic group mapping is working fine for me.

I have the same settings. I'm on version 1902.

Regards,
Max
0 Kudos
callegrafi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tanks for the reply! And good to know its working for some 😉
Are you on-prem or SaaS? We are using SaaS on cn763.

Thanks in advance,
Carl
0 Kudos
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Carl,

we're using SaaS aswell on cn1108. I also just found something:

Check your Shared Device settings (Groups & Settings >> Devices & Users >> General >> Shared Device >> Group Assignment Mode) and set it to User Group Organization Group. I think that's what you're missing.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Max

0 Kudos
callegrafi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, but that is also checked! 😕
I wonder what it could be??
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

what order are your user groups in?  there is a ranking that determines in what order the assignment is applied.  your devices/users will never move to another OG if your User Group that is assigned to the top OG is above the student User Groups.
0 Kudos
callegrafi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Kevin!
We have checked the ranking of the grouping of user groups, so thats not it either!

We have recreated the students, location, classes etc using .csv imports instead of creating them manually in ASM. We got a tip that when creating manual students, classes etc in ASM they don't get all the required fields. But that didn't help either 😞

0 Kudos