VMware Workspace ONE Community
jordanjahn
Contributor
Contributor

Shared Mailboxes on Mobile Device

Does anyone have a solution for users who need access to shared inboxes on their mobile devices?  Other than having a shared Exchange account/password and deploying that profile to devices that need it.  Our primary business case is executive admins who need access to the inboxes/calendars of those they support while on their mobile device.
Labels (1)
2 Replies
MRFVMUser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We use Microsoft Outlook for iOS and Android mobile app on the Exec Admin's device.  I don't like this solution though.  First, I don't have any way of knowing if the admin's mobile device is actually AirWatch enrolled (managed).  The mobile Outlook app uses a different Device ID than that used by EAS.  Secondly, the admin's access to the executive's Exchange account is using Username/Password.  Hard to maintain, and not very secure.  I've subscribed to this post as I would also like to know what people are doing about this need.
0 Kudos
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately the only option we have found is to deploy a second native email profile on iOS. We do have it set up where it is a profile deployed by via the self service portal, so technically the owner of the password can log in and do this without sharing the password to the admin. WS1 has problems with managing the exchange gatekeeping when working with two accounts on one device, so it ends up being a very manual process. It also creates problems with compliance that result in other manual processes.

I feel very similar to Myles: ' Hard to maintain, and not very secure. I've subscribed to this post as I would also like to know what people are doing about this need.'

I talked with support extensively about this last year and they said that this is a feature that is supposed to come to boxer late last year, but it is not there yet(as far as I know).
0 Kudos