VMware Workspace ONE Community
bilderg
Contributor
Contributor

Shared Mailboxes + Android Enterprise

Hi All,

We're currently running Device Administrator enrollment. We have several mailboxes that are pushed to the native mail app (Samsung S7s, S8s, S9s) in the form of an exchange profile. Yes, we are still running Exchange 2010 on prem. We would like to move to Android Enterprise, but having an issue getting our shared mailboxes configured. Many of the apps (Boxer, Outlook, GMail) only allow for 1 email address. I've tried to configure assignments and add configurations based on the shared mailbox smart groups, but that's not working for me either. What have other people done to get Shared Mailboxes working on AE? We're on-prem v1810. Thank you! -Geoff.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Geoff

We're in the same boat as you. Have you managed to find a solution to this? As soon as I try to install the optional shared mailbox profile, it seems to kill off the primary mailbox.
0 Kudos
bilderg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Charles, I should have updated this. We are using Android Enterprise with the Outlook app. Late in 2019 Microsoft released that the Outlook app now supports shared mailboxes. We have tested and it works great!
0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Geoff

Outlook app, oh interesting! Can I ask if you're just using username/pwd to authenticate or certificates? We currently have username/pwd for authentication but also a certificate payload included as an extra security measure to prevent team members from simply manually setting up creds. In the past, they would use this method to bypass enrolment so we've shut this backdoor now. However I haven't been able to get Outlook working this way and I've been told I'd need to have SCEP for this to work rather than MSADCS.

Thanks for your feedback.

0 Kudos