VMware Workspace ONE Community
K223
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Shared Ipads for Business

I wanted to know if it's possible to manually configure a generic user account in our ABM that we could use for native shared Ipad's?  This would be for the user that check's out the ipad.  I realize and this may still be the case, but at least previously you needed to use a federated managed Apple ID, in conjunction with AD/Azure etc.  But from Vmware documentation I have read, it looks as if you can manually create accounts in ABM.  

We do have shared Ipad's working with the intelligent hub installed.  But data clearing between logged in user's is not supported.  This is what is required. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes I can do this in ABM, just go to accounts and create an account, specify Staff as role. not sure if this answers your question

cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stevofu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes I can do this in ABM, just go to accounts and create an account, specify Staff as role. not sure if this answers your question

cheers

K223
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes this does!  I was also able to confirm this with VMware as well.  However this user's app data will still reside on the tablet and not be removed between user's checking out the tablet.  It just get's separated.  If we were to use one generic user account for checkout, we would expose various user's data.  

Would anyone know of a way to clear app data on the tablet at specified time internals either through commands in a profile or through the console?  Is there any 3rd party applications out there that can accomplish this?  Utilizing multiple user accounts (for checkouts) for this project is just not feasible.

0 Kudos
HimanshuMishra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, 

Did you find a solution ? I am trying to setup the Guest account so that the data is removed between guest logins. Problem is that the apps are hidden in guest mode. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos