VMware Workspace ONE Community
jerk_store
Contributor
Contributor

Settings not sent to PlayStore app/unable to add Playstore app

Anyone else seeing an issue adding PlayStore apps to their Org Group?  I keep getting a message saying the app is already there...and it is in a very different sub org group, but I can't add it to any org group.  Being that these are Android for Work, obviously, the account in that org group can't send an app to my org group with a different Google account.

So, as a work around, I found you can add it by using the URL...and this kind of works...it adds the app, but it does not appear to recognize it as a PlayStore app, so there is no managed config and no settings.

This all started when the PlayStore app wasn't deploying settings.  After trying half-a-dozen things I removed the app and went to re-add it, but it won't re-load. 

Anyone see something like this?  Its on a partner server, so I'm not sure if that is the issue...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi George.  Probably not the same issue as you but we're currently on-prem and if I try to search for an app, I get this error '  An unknown error was encountered by the application search provider' . I decided to have a test on cn138 and noticed that the option has changed to URL only now rather than searching by app name like you can with iOS.
0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
RichardDonnelly
Contributor
Contributor

sigh. AW moved the link again. I have no idea why they have to change their forums around every 3rd day but it's beyond annoying because pretty much any linked content with helpful information just leads no where.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm with you Richard its a very poor user experience for sure
0 Kudos