VMware Workspace ONE Community
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Set all your Disabled Users accounts to Inactive

As per doc here - Set all your Disabled Users accounts to Inactive

Has anyone got this setting in place and can confirm the exact behaviour please?

My area of concern is the flippant nature in which this area refers to "inactive" and "delete" (in the parent) as these are two different things when it comes to user accounts.

Getting back to the above doc, it states it will make user accounts inactive if the AD account is disabled etc....great, that's exactly what I want.  However, it then states that any devices belonging to those accounts will be un-enrolled, sad face.

If I manually make a user account inactive, any associated device does NOT un-enroll.  So why does the automated process do this?  Or does it?

So to save me a whole bunch of unnecessary testing, does anyone know the answer?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This setting is probably answer of your question.

pastedImage_0.png

If [Default Action For Inactive Users] is set to [Enterprise Wipe ...], enrolled devices assigned to users who are disabled in WS1 UEM (inactive in your directory service) are automatically unenrolled.

I think the setting in your environment is set to [Restrict Additional Device Enrollment].

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ogushia
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This setting is probably answer of your question.

pastedImage_0.png

If [Default Action For Inactive Users] is set to [Enterprise Wipe ...], enrolled devices assigned to users who are disabled in WS1 UEM (inactive in your directory service) are automatically unenrolled.

I think the setting in your environment is set to [Restrict Additional Device Enrollment].

LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ah yes, that's the one thanks!

Hopefully they can update the doc to mention this dependency.

0 Kudos