VMware Workspace ONE Community
jcritchjr
Contributor
Contributor

Second Calendar account with AirWatch PowerShell access to Office 365 Exchange in the Cloud?

Anyone have success with a second Calendar account functioning as a group or shared calendar with AirWatch PowerShell access to Office 365 Exchange in the Cloud AND Exchange set to only allow AirWatch Managed devices to connect?
We have IMAP and POP access disabled in Exchange.  So I can not use that to access the account.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnMarler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have not. However, I wanted to clarify - are you talking about iOS and the native mail client?
0 Kudos
jcritchjr
Contributor
Contributor

Preferences are:
Device OS - Android or iOS.
Mail Client - native and / or AirWatch Boxer.
AirWatch Support has said second calendar account is possible with native mail client.  However, we have not been able to get that to work in our environment with Exchange in the Cloud and Exchange configured to only allow AirWatch Devices.  With IMAP and POP disabled.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

If it is a true ' shared'  calendar then no, you cannot use ActiveSync to access it since it has no account to authenticate against.
0 Kudos
jcritchjr
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Luke!  I've seen your comments regarding a similar topic in another thread.  This 'calendar' account in question can be 'logged on to' as more than one person may have responsibility of updating the -logically shared- calendar.  The second calendar would need to be accessible to a group of end users and contains coordinated or group scheduled items.  It is configured as a end user mail-box type of account.
0 Kudos
AdiNugrahaTjand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hello, just wanted to share my findings, after adding another user's calendar not a ' true'  shared calendar as luke mentioned in Outlook for iOS / Outlook for Android, my boxer is showing the shared calendar, I can even turn the calendar display for the other user on or off on Boxer, is there any plans to add the ability to add it natively through boxer ? since it's showing up in boxer I'm assuming this is part of Active Sync's feature that is just not implemented in Boxer yet ?
0 Kudos