VMware Workspace ONE Community
GBDickinson75
Contributor
Contributor

Scan email coming from mobile devices

I've been presented with a request that I honestly don't think is possible, but thought I'd ask the community.

We use Workspace ONE for MDM on both corporate and personal owned devices.  I've been asked if there is a way to force messages from mobile phones to pass through our email filter platform (a Cisco IronPort ESA, if it matters).  The reasoning is, it would be easy for a user to receive an email on their personal email account on the device, copy-paste the (potentially malicious) email into a new corp email message, and send it inside the organization.

On BYOD phones I am forcing the use of Boxer, and that allows me to disable copy-paste, but the corporate devices are using the native email client on both iOS and Android.  Is what I'm asking possible, or is the best bet forcing all users to use Boxer for email?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

a better solution to this is to use the managed open in settings, on a side note you should be scanning internal mail too so when they send the email the scanning system will catch it that works no different for mobile or outlook

0 Kudos