VMware Workspace ONE Community
troysp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SSL Error on Enrollment

Hello,

I thought I would ask this here before opening a ticket with VMware.

I have a user who uses both an iPad and an iPhone.  They had an issue with their iPhone and the Workspace ONE apps were removed.  When he went back to re-enroll his device he is now getting SSL errors when trying to enroll using the HUB app.  Our certificate is not expired and is signed by a trusted CA as we are not having an issue with other users enrolling their devices.  I am sort of at a loss on what could be causing this issue.  It does appear that things are working fine on his iPad.  Has anyone experienced something like this with a user using an iPhone?  We have tried resetting the network settings and clearing the browser cache. 

Just to add to this, he is not able to access the self service portal either in Safari on the iPhone due to an SSL error but is able to from the iPad. To me it sounds like the CA trust file is corrupt or missing some information but I am just guessing on that.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Troy

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
M2lujan
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue when trying to enroll iPhones - SSL Error -  “An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made” 

I had to open support ticket and waiting for a reply

0 Kudos
GitteLysell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 
We had the same issue with iOS 15.4 devices. We found this: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/700406 and figured the issue was caused by iOS 15.4 no longer supports the ciphers available on our old windows sever 2012  r2. I installed new servers on tuesday and the issue was resolved. 

Could this be the same issue you are experiencing?

0 Kudos
VitaliyKovalen2
Contributor
Contributor

How did you resolve your issue? We are experiencing same problems with the new iOS 

0 Kudos
alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by encountering an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) error on your iPhone, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue. SSL errors often occur when there is a problem with the secure connection between your device and a website or server. Here are some general steps you can try:-

1. Check Date and Time Settings:-
  -Ensure that the date and time settings on your iPhone are accurate. SSL certificates have expiration dates, and if            your device's date and time are incorrect, it can lead to SSL errors.

2. Clear Safari Cache:-
  -If the SSL error occurs while using Safari, try clearing the cache and browsing history. To do this, go to Settings >           Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

3. Reset Network Settings:-
  -Resetting network settings can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset           Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will reset Wi-Fi passwords and other network-related settings.

4. Check Wi-Fi Connection:-
  -If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, ensure that the network is stable and has a reliable internet connection.           Try  switching to a different Wi-Fi network if possible.

5. Use a Different Browser:-
 -If you're experiencing SSL errors in a specific browser, try using a different one to see if the issue persists. There are    alternative browsers available on the App Store.

6. Try a Different Network:-
  -Connect to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to cellular data to see if the SSL error persists. This can help -                 determine if the issue is specific to the network you are currently on.

7. Check Certificate Validity:-
  -If the SSL error is occurring on a specific website, check the validity of the website's SSL certificate. Ensure that the       certificate is not expired and is issued by a trusted certificate authority.

8. Disable VPN or Proxy:-
  -If you are using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it to see if it resolves the SSL error. Sometimes, these services can             interfere with secure connections.

If you've tried the above steps and are still experiencing SSL errors, it may be helpful to provide more details about the specific error message or the context in which it occurs for more targeted assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp9GBI0HOhU&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

0 Kudos