VMware Workspace ONE Community
HANAAS
Contributor
Contributor

SEG

Hello Everyone , 

I hope that you are all doing well.

"SEG included in Workspace ONE Standard is limited to native mail clients" I saw this statement in https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/workspace-one/workspace-o... and I was wondering if the Client Outlook is considered as a native mail client for WS1 ? Will this be sufficient for the customer or he must use Bower to be able to use the outlook client on the mobile ? 

Can someone confirm please ? It's all about the licence model some times the info in documentation are not really clear.

Thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

unfortunately I can't answer on if you are allowed to use outlook and seg with standard license.

But to answer y if Outlook or native Mail is good enough, so I would say it depends on the use case.
One great advantage to use Boxer is that Boxer has workspace one uem SDK built in.

AlexAskin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Technically SEG provides an ActiveSync/EWS Reverse-Proxy with additional/extended capabilities, regardless of the connecting device.

To get an official statement from VMware about non-native email clients and their product usage rights of SEG in Standard Edition, I recommend to engage your VMware Representative. Pretty sure that no one in this community can give a solid legal proof statement about this specific case.

HANAAS
Contributor
Contributor

Thank ou for the reply I really appreciate.

0 Kudos
HANAAS
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply , I agree with you

0 Kudos