VMware Workspace ONE Community
KonstantinosLei
Contributor
Contributor

SEG to become part of UAG

Hey all

While taking the VCP-DW 2018 course, I noticed the instructor mentioning that VMware plans to Integrate SEG into the UAG which imho is going to be great! As I am planning to upgrade from SEG Classic to V2 and also deploy UAG 3.5 for Per-App Tunnel, it would make sense to wait for SEG to become part of UAG and just deploy one appliance as long as this gets released before May 2019 when SEC Classic goes out of support.

Does anyone have inside information about when VMware plans to release UAG + SEG in one? Is there a published roadmap perhaps?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
9 Replies
0kearnes0
Contributor
Contributor

no roadmap for you!
0 Kudos
KonstantinosLei
Contributor
Contributor

Mr. Kearnes... it is a small world after all 😄 Are you implementing UAG too?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

good to know, but i doublt seg will get baked into uag any time soon. unless you don't mind waiting, i would proceed with seg v2 for now.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

even if it does the new version will likely have bugs and be missing some methods (like not supporting kerberos) so you will want to wait a few versions for it to be stable anyway
0 Kudos
0kearnes0
Contributor
Contributor

so business as usual, got it. Roadmap would be cool though.
0 Kudos
LALEWIS2120
Contributor
Contributor

From what I understand the SEG to UAG move will more than likely happen this year. I too had the same question but long story short, SEG v2 must happen.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks for sharing Johnny. Like anything else, it's best to wait for at least version 2...
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

or with the disaster that is the UAG only implement if it is required since no other options are supported
0 Kudos