VMware Workspace ONE Community
Nik-Grove
Contributor
Contributor

RunCommand : Source file is not present (Windows 10 Product Provisioning )

Hi there, 

I am trying to build a profile for installing out IdP agent and the deployment is continually failing and I am getting the error that is seen above. I however have run the exact commands from the test machine and they succeed and the installer files are indeed in the directory that my commands are pointing to. Has anyone ran into this issue in the past and how have they solved it. Below will be the sample of the install commands to see if there is perhaps and syntax mistakes.

Command - "C:\Temp\OneXAgentSetup.exe" /qn

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
xuhao0402
Contributor
Contributor

I met the same problem, may I ask how you solved it?

0 Kudos
Nik-Grove
Contributor
Contributor

So VMWare Support never solved it. They just acknowledged that this is a fault in the product provisioning process and that is it. I have had to use different solutions as a result. The problem basically was that their command runner would try to run any commands you had before the source files were downloaded to the machine. I think its rather silly that they did not build in a check first to see if the files were there before the runner ran.

0 Kudos
xuhao0402
Contributor
Contributor

I googled some information and I tried to customize Settings using configuration files or deliver scripts through app Delivery zip files, which was a great improvement for my problem.
0 Kudos
sszumigalski
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

According to this website, you cannot use the exe files with the File/Action; under the Run action, it also didn't work for me with the exe file.

Ultimately, I solved it by creating a batch file with the installation command and changing the Run command to run the batch file. Only then the software I was able to complete the installation. 

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hello, I'm having the same issue, even with multiple .msi files in various sizes.

0 Kudos